• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reparing Wing tabs on Behr Evaporator

David Layton

When I finish my New/Old AC system, I need to adjust the placement of my Behr evaporator housing so that it lines up tighter with the dash, an adjustment of millimeters.   Like many of these units, mine has broken wing tabs which assist in the alignment along with the front plate.  The two brackets beneath the unit are the primary supports.  

I had originally epoxied two metal L brackets with aligned holes, but these like to break.  Any better suggestions.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

I have made/fixed a number of plastic brackets with some stuff called Plastex

Epoxy comes close to it but not nearly as strong      I get it from Eastwood  It is a powder that you mix a liquid with it and it hardens up just like whatever you are repairing         Fixed some brackets that had quite a bit of stress and no issues         Worth a look

Thanks, Rick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevenc22 said:

Are you talking about the top wings? I glued a metal plate across the top, sticking out the side to actual as a wing.

but the wings are not the top and to lock with the front plate, need to be a little bit down from the top.

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a