• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Round Tail Light Gasket refresh

mgben

I used the search function and did not get many hits, 

When I tear into my tail lights for refurbishing, has anyone used the URO lens gaskets 63-21-1-351-664?

Or is this a case where an Old OEM beats a new aftermarket? and are the new BMW branded ones as good as old, (or just URO with a BMW sticker on the bag),

Thanks in advance, I have some water streaks near one of my tail lights so I am anticipating finding something going on unless it is just my nasty trunk seal. 

Those tail light gaskets are pretty compressible, so unless the URO ones are very poorly made, they should seal properly.  I bought their sunroof weatherstripping (URO branded, from Rock Auto!--very reasonably priced) and it looks identical to the factory stuff.  

Most of the noted problems with URO products have been with windshield/backlight gaskets, and door perimeter gaskets.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite