• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Opinions: Early Versus Late OEM Alloys

billy g

2 hours ago, Bassie81 said:

Anyone familiar with these?

4D5BF9A2-D15D-4B69-BDC1-56648E6CBEF9.jpeg

One of two FPS designs referred to as the “Italian dealer options”, available through the Italian BMW dealer network. Some of them are stamped with the BMW roundel (or have the roundel cast in); some are not (or do not). Without further facts, perhaps FPS was selling them both through BMW and in the aftermarket.

In the U.S., where some of these rims eventually found their way, that would be considered a fabulous price for a set of five!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

This thread may be able to provide me with some info about the wheels that came on my 2002 which from all info I can get is that it spent some time after purchase in Europe. These wheels were on the car when purchased in Jan. 1974. And if anyone know what the badge on rear stands for.

early02scan05 (2).jpg

P1130102.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Greg Mierz said:

This thread may be able to provide me with some info about the wheels that came on my 2002 which from all info I can get is that it spent some time after purchase in Europe. These wheels were on the car when purchased in Jan. 1974. And if anyone know what the badge on rear stands for.

early02scan05 (2).jpg

P1130102.JPG

Greg,

These are the other “Italian dealer option” rims — rare, but more common, at least in the U.S., than the rims in the prior three posts. This forum’s Wheels Database is a great reference for ‘02 rims.

Here’s the entry for this particular rim:

Like the other Italian dealer option — and many (most?) of the early and late OEM alloys — they were cast by Fratelli Pedrini Rho (“F.P.S.”) of Rho, Italy. As mentioned in the database listing, some of these have a cast-in BMW roundel, some do not. Same rims otherwise.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

19 hours ago, Conserv said:

One of two FPS designs referred to as the “Italian dealer options”, available through the Italian BMW dealer network. Some of them are stamped with the BMW roundel (or have the roundel cast in); some are not (or do not). Without further facts, perhaps FPS was selling them both through BMW and in the aftermarket.

In the U.S., where some of these rims eventually found their way, that would be considered a fabulous price for a set of five!

Regards,

Steve

Great to learn.

I also thought it they were reasonably priced ;)

they certainly look good imho

9BC5A641-4310-46F6-A58A-13240ECA3CD6.jpeg

• Like 3