• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina A4S Intake Manifold on Ebay

Pastelblue'02

Price: $800

Description:

Hello all!

For anyone interested, I listed my Alpina A4S intake manifold on eBay. It’s in great shape, ready to be installed with itb’s or side draft carbs. Please reach out if you have any questions or interest!

Aaron

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

BMW Alpina A4S Intake Manifold.

686BE32D-53F1-4784-AE06-B8B493CD4BC8.jpeg

A31709FF-966B-4F46-8759-4D92E6771A4A.jpeg

ECCB1178-B2A4-46AB-A0C4-A0194562AE17.jpeg

6DBB31AB-9D9C-4558-8222-93C70D340D9B.jpeg

• Like 1

Just fyi, I believe the one piece Alpina manifolds were machined differently for ITBs vs carbs - the angles of the mahnifold flanges for carbs need to result in the carbs being horizontal.  I can't tell from the photos which application this manifold would be correct for.  

1971 2002ti

29 minutes ago, Jam3422 said:

Just fyi, I believe the one piece Alpina manifolds were machined differently for ITBs vs carbs - the angles of the mahnifold flanges for carbs need to result in the carbs being horizontal.  I can't tell from the photos which application this manifold would be correct for.  

Good information! I know several people on the FAQ who are running this manifold with carbs. There are two A4S manifolds, as you are saying, and the angle of this flange favors carbs, as where the other manifold would point them at an angle.

E28C50D8-0A34-420A-9BE5-CD331D6752B0.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Johnny Riviera said:

My first time seeing one of these so apologies if this is a dumb question. Is the raised area that runs across a balance passage between the ports, or just a way to tie the casting together?

Thanks!

The throttle ports themselves are separated, but there is a manifold vacuum bar which runs the length of the manifold.

manifold sold to an FAQ member!

• Like 2

It's an ALPINA carby manifold (not A4), this one is set up to hold the carburetors dead flat.  A4 manifolds are slightly different, the dead giveaway is in the center of the manifold, the boss is different and machined to accept the cold start injector.  I think if you do a search Lars Alpina posted up quite a bit if info on the subject right here.  They used these on their A2 and A3 engines.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markmac said:

It's an ALPINA carby manifold (not A4), this one is set up to hold the carburetors dead flat.  A4 manifolds are slightly different, the dead giveaway is in the center of the manifold, the boss is different and machined to accept the cold start injector.  I think if you do a search Lars Alpina posted up quite a bit if info on the subject right here.  They used these on their A2 and A3 engines.

Thanks so much for the info Mark! 

• Like 1