• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear quarter window rubber/weatherstrip

Scottjeffrey

I am going a little crazy here as I begin to install the quarter glass rubber. OEM. They were removed by the body shop (they had been installed but removed for third (!) respray. I am having a very hard time believing they were correctly marked; right and left. Seems switched to me. I went a took a URO seal out of its bag (I had bought them but decided to go OEM). It's part number marked on the bag was for the driver's side. It seems like it should be for the passenger to my newbie eye. In the photo below from the piece marked left, the highlighted part seems to me to go under the aluminum horizontal piece but only can if I put it on the passenger side. Trying it on the driver's side looks to me all wrong. I am feeling a bit foolish. Your help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,273439011_10226902167241681_5352727324706071548_n.thumb.jpg.9340608acdff20e9c912b565b6bcc312.jpg

Scott

Edited by Scottjeffrey

• Scottjeffrey changed the title to Rear quarter window rubber/weatherstrip

PM me for the column I did on the subject ...my friend Dene and I had exactly the same problem--those gaskets are not easy to install, but they shouldn't pop out as fast as you install 'em--at least I didn't remember that the last time I did the task.  Turned out we had 'em on the wrong side.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite