• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Behr A/C wiring

Fla2002

1976 2002 A/C wiring advice needed.

I am upgrading the Behr unit to 134 with all new components, cleaned, pressure tested the unit and changed expansion valve. Bypassing the heater control valve and eliminating the fan box and heater system. The system did not operate when I got the car but the fan/heater box needs rebuilding which I believe was part of the problem.

I have the original wiring harness and the Behr installation instructions. The fan relay and under hood wiring is still in place and when I removed the system to restore the car all the system parts were in place.

My question is eliminating the fan and heater system and using the existing harness. Has anyone tried this? I am not a wiring genius but can read the wiring diagram and fumble through the process. She is coming back to life. Also, I will have the heater box assembly available if someone needs it.

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

The unique thing about the Behr A/C wiring is that it's integrated with the car's harness in such a way that when the A/C blower is on, the heater blower is inoperable; that way you don't overload the alternator with two heavy current draws.  (Frigiking and Clardy don't have that feature) You can install the Behr harness without doing any cutting or modifying the car's harness, you just move a couple of wires around.

If you can't find the diagram in the archives, PM me as I believe I have the wiring diagram that came with a Behr A/C installation kit.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

If you go to the ICEAC website in their instructions there is a wiring diagram for a stand alone A/C system, very basic to build with 2 relays wired in for safety 

so far I’ve done 3 

B18D32CE-6E16-402D-8BC3-9295EB088F33.jpeg

77E5E6B2-C670-4D3F-BF3F-77BDC4E20727.jpeg
BDC24591-539E-495D-A696-69A8A0757985.jpeg

Edited by chargin

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook