• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12V at coil at ignition RUN but not at START

esty

Unless I missed it, have you checked your plug wires?  Easier than most would care to admit to get them mixed up and running to the wrong cylinders!  Best tool at this point is a timing light, as that will help you make sure you A.) have the correct #1 plug wire, and B.) will give you an idea of the what the timing advance is by looking at the TDC mark vs. the pointer while cranking.

i think steve found the problem...human error, a goof...the dizzy cap was on 180 off, upside down...after turning it around a little gas caused some familiar sounds...if there had been a constant fuel supply i believe the car would have started...he walked away, came back an hour later, poured more gas in the carb and it started and ran for a nano-second

gas tank is out being refurbed...he's going to hook up an electric fuel pump and pump gas from a gas container to the carb later today...he needs to pick up an inline fuel filter and some fuel line

• Like 1

all was done outside in fresh air and a huge fan...no animals were hurt or abused...the car started using a 5 gal gas can that was almost empty, on the ground, about 6 feet from the car, using an electric fuel pump laying next to the battery, feeding the carb...the radiator and hoses are off the car so he can't run it but a very short time...it ran like crap, bad shaking engine.....but it ran

now we can move on from get car started to another problem that we are yet aware of...thanks all you guys that added 2 cents to my ramblings

• Like 1