• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 fuel line routing

DrA76

the car that i am currently restoring came without fuel line.

i did search the forum could not find clear pictures on how to route the line

i know that the first line go inside the car from passenger side to the firewall , , but what about the 2nd line that goes down the trunk where should  i connect it and how to correctly route it. 

thanks

The fuel feed line is the plastic line that runs through the cabin and comes out behind the motor in the engine bay. The fuel return line is the metal line that runs underneath the frame rail starting underneath the battery in the engine bay and running underneath the car to above the rear diff. Both lines have rubber connections on each end joining to the fuel tank and to the carb.

• Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

Some carbs require a return line for any unused fuel to be returned to the tank. Depending on if your car has been upgraded to a Weber carb, the return line may or may not be necessary. The plastic feed line through the cabin is a special plastic tube that seals in a fire to cutoff the fuel supply.

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

If your car originally came with a single bbl carb there will be no return line fitted, that was a 2bbl thing, if you have a return line that your not using cap it at the tank not at the front of the car to prevent leaks. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944