• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electronic Ignition Question

RainMoore

11 hours ago, RainMoore said:

I don’t have a timing light so that would be super helpful short term.

I’d suggest a timing light might be a better investment at this point.  Changing to an electronic ignition is going to affect your timing and it would be good to know where your timing is at before making any changes.  

Tom - you’re up.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tme said:

Tom - you’re up.

:D  Thank you. 

I made the INNOVA suggestion in the OP's previous 'no-spark' and 'electrical-problem' threads.  ((iii 5568 for the WIN !!!))

I can relate to the need to be frugal.  There are tons of ways to throw money at these cars and it will add up quickly, if you're not careful.  

It might be that the blue coil installed now does have 3 ohms of resistance.  It can be tricky to get accurate resistance reading for low values; at least with the testers I have to work with.  The one in the photo below does a pretty good job, but it is important to make sure the gauge is zeroed-out before taking the measurement. 

IMG_2670.thumb.JPG.43e6c2c4628c4bc94f69efa04240b329.JPG

There might be (should be) a number stamped in the base of the coil and a little online searching might tell you whether it is a 3 ohm unit.  

Tom