• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

crankshaft bearing oversize

DrA76

If you look on realoem.com you'll see BMW never sold the bearings as a set. They sell them in separate halves so you need 10 total for all 5 main bearings on the crankshaft. For some reason the aftermarket supplier's decided to use the same part # for a full set. So basically you don't want to buy the bearings from BMW because each bearing will cost you as much as a full set of aftermarket ones. Just another reason to boycott your local stealership lol.

Also these are the devils bearings with 666 in the part # so it figures lol.

Edited by 2002iii
  • Like 1

yes i did 

but pelican parts gives you 3 search result when searching for main bearing

first picture

when choosing GLYCO it shows that out of stock but an original BMW part available with the same part #

2nd picture

and the shipping weight is the same 1.6LB and clearly indicate a Set.

i should never buy anything from pelican again there customer support is the worst. 

Screenshot from 2021-01-18 12-38-29.png

Screenshot from 2021-01-18 12-38-20.png

Screenshot from 2021-01-18 12-38-33.png

Screenshot from 2021-01-18 12-40-51.png

Edited by Icecube76

Yes, this is a revolting development. No freakin bearings while your engine sits at the machinist.

I have ordered what I hope will be correct  STD bearing sets from overseas, if all goes well I may have a spare set I will make available to you. In the mean time, good luck searching.

Pelican has earned a permanent place of honor on my shit list.

11 hours ago, Icecube76 said:

Just received my order. Same thing , labeled as main bearing set. But received one shell only.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

They were an ebay purchase from someone who was selling a bunch of old parts. Listed as “Sealed Power” brand “made in USA” in a beat up box. Took a chance. When they arrived the bearings are marked KS with BMW logo with part numbers that match early KS production. They were the only one. 

53 minutes ago, 2002iii said:

If it was me I would start calling local shops that work on old BMWs and see if they have any bearings on there shelves or know someone who does.

I will still look online but now its time to wait a little and see if any of my current orders to Lithuania and Oz come through.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

7 minutes ago, tech71 said:

I will still look online but now its time to wait a little and see if any of my current orders to Lithuania and Oz come through.

I wouldn't get my Hope's up, everyone seems to say they have them or can get them but then find out they are unobtanium.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:49 PM, Icecube76 said:

Just received my order. Same thing , labeled as main bearing set. But received one shell only.

IMG20210118104839.jpg

After leaving a somewhat testy comment in their followup survey I was contacted by an actual person who acknowledged they  have the single bearing shell listed as a "set"

Apologies bla bla, got a return label and return authorizations.

If you haven't already hit them up for a refund.

Still waiting on Glyco H629/5 STD from Lithuania ?

• Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

On 26/01/2021 at 8:10 PM, tech71 said:

After leaving a somewhat testy comment in their followup survey I was contacted by an actual person who acknowledged they  have the single bearing shell listed as a "set"

Apologies bla bla, got a return label and return authorizations.

If you haven't already hit them up for a refund.

Still waiting on Glyco H629/5 STD from Lithuania ?

I got my refund from pelican parts. 

Waiting for parts to arrive from Germany. 

• 2 weeks later...

The guy in Lithuania came through with 2 sets of STD main bearings Glyco PN H629/5 STD.

Was starting to get a bit worried there, now I can proceed with my projects.

Afraid he might be sold out now..

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris