• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black E30 Steelies?

Dug Nichols

Anyone have these on their car? I'm considering a set for my '73 Sahara but failing to find any pictures of what they'd look like. 

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

E30 steelies come black from the factory but everyone I know that has had them took a rattle can of wheel spray paint and painted them silver. Black wheels with black tires do not look good on an 02, it just blends into a big black circle. You need to think of wheels as a fashion accessory for your 02. The right wheels will really pop on your car and make it stand out. 

• Like 1

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

@esty I didn't see anything magical about your suggested search terms that actually pulled up a bmw 2002 with black e30 rims. which is why I posted here to the hive mind.

good point @Gordon on the black on black... 

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

1 hour ago, otto said:

@esty I didn't see anything magical about your suggested search terms that actually pulled up a bmw 2002 with black e30 rims. which is why I posted here to the hive mind. 

She sent the link for a Google image search for you.  Here's an example from there:

dd83fa85f997bc9ac2dba751e9fa8013.jpg

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif