• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels

Gazz

Gazz the newb here, or is that noob? There is a set of Lemmer 13" 5.5" steel wheels for sale near me. They are date stamped 10 78. I think these will fit however I have heard that there may be an issue. Is it clearance, offset, what? I tried to search but gave up after 1/2 hour of reading, you can imagine how many threads are related to wheels. Thanks for any help.

The Wheels database shows a 4.5” and a 5” Lemmerz wheel. Is there an ET number stamped on the set you are looking at?

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Gazz the newb here, or is that noob? There is a set of Lemmer 13" 5.5" steel wheels for sale near me. They are date stamped 10 78. I think these will fit however I have heard that there may be an issue. Is it clearance, offset, what? I tried to search but gave up after 1/2 hour of reading, you can imagine how many threads are related to wheels. Thanks for any help.

Photos?

If it is a set of BMW rims, it’s likely a set of e21 rims. This matches both the date, October 1978, and the size, 5 1/2” x 13”. If that’s what they are, the offset should be ET18.

Lots of ‘02 owners run this size and offset of rim with 185/70 tires and report no rubbing issues whatsoever. Other owners have tried this size rim with 185/70 tires and reported rubbing issues. BMW never promoted or offered this combination of rim size and tire on the ‘02, except on the factory turbo, which had fender flares.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks for the response Steve,

The offset is ET 18. I will refurbish them in the style of Turbo wheels. Do you if there is colour guide for matching the wheels? 

Gary

1 hour ago, zinz said:

The Wheels database shows a 4.5” and a 5” Lemmerz wheel. Is there an ET number stamped on the set you are looking at?

Thanks mate that's a great response. They are this style of wheel. Do you know what the colours are. 

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Thanks for the response Steve,

The offset is ET 18. I will refurbish them in the style of Turbo wheels. Do you if there is colour guide for matching the wheels? 

Gary

Gary,

I wish I could simply provide a couple RAL color codes, but I can’t. The silver on the barrels is the same “wheel silver” used on lots and lots of silver rims. The gray is... well, actually, there’s a thread in the turbo forum about the color. Perhaps that has more detail.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Gazz... your wheel picture shows the lip is bent just near the wheel weight.  Not horrible, but perhaps a bargaining chip in negotiations :)

Here's the 5.5" Turbo wheel in the database

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

1 minute ago, zinz said:

Gazz... your wheel picture shows the lip is bent just near the wheel weight.  Not horrible, but perhaps a bargaining chip in negotiations :)

Here's the 5.5" Turbo wheel in the database

I forgot that was in there, Ed! And I was thinking, “Why isn’t the basic e21 rim in the database?” ?

Learn something every day!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1