• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-brake connected prior to install of rear brake “W” spring?

zambo

Doing this on the bench - install of the “W” not the most troublesome task to date, but I did have the benefit of all the historic FAQ post to digest first.

It occurred to me after I was feeling pretty happy with myself, that I may not be able to get the e-brake lever out far enough once I’ve got it in the car to connect the cable end, given the tension now on the assembly.

de9803a93dcefb6df2c1276727c5387a.jpg

Am I surmising correctly on this and need to install the “W” once I’ve got it all back in the car and once the e-brake cable is connected?

Thanks

Richard

That's the only way I've done it, and I'm a regular pro ; ) now that I've done it like 8 times what with the stuck e-brake cable and all. LOL

I don't think you can do it your way, but I've never tried. Hopefully, I'll never go in there again!

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

Thanks Nick. I knew when I figured out how to get the spring on, that the night had gone too easily. [emoji1]

At least I know now it will come together on the car well enough once I’ve connected the e-brake cable to the lever.