• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tijuana body shop recommendations

ejs

• 8 months later...

I've got one of my Alfa's down there right now....a lot of rust and previous shoddy repairs are being fixed. Progress was very good, and updates via pics over Whatsapp were being sent to me every other day. Then Covid 19 hit, and its delayed until god knows when.

IMG-20200325-WA0007.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took my car to Los Panchos about 1.5 years ago. After reading up on @jrhone blog and additional research with the VW crowd, I decided to go for it. I replaced the front clip, rear panel, and welded up lower knee trim holes myself and Chito repaired dents, straighten all my panels, removed all windows, doors, hood, trunk and took it down to bare metal. He also installed a headliner and all new seals that I brought with me. I wasn’t looking for concurs work as this is my daily driver but wanted a decent paint job that wouldn’t cost me 10k. Drove down from OC, took 6 weeks and have been happy ever since. 

Edited by Jae
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, arminyack said:

I got my Giulia back in July..and I am still reassembling her Hopefully at Christmas time I'll be finished.

IMG_20200801_121125.jpg

PXL_20201012_034506496.jpg

Looks great! One question-did you have any trouble bringing the car over the border? I’m curious what’s the current state for doing something like this.

On 11/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, CristianGarcia said:

Looks great! One question-did you have any trouble bringing the car over the border? I’m curious what’s the current state for doing something like this.

No trouble at all. I drove it over as a bare car, with the minimal amount to keep it drivable....pretty much just the lights on it. NO glass at all (not even a windshield). I drove it back over with the front and rear windows in (I provided the shop the glass & new gaskets)