• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does this go? Rebuilding Weber 32/36

Mucci

I'm rebuilding the Weber 32/36 DGAV that came on the car. It's definitely been rebuilt before as I'm finding some discrepancies while going through it. 

This brass part was under the power valve diaphragm when I took it apart and does not look like it's supposed to go there. Does it belong somewhere else? I can't find it in the diagrams. 

8EAE7458-56EB-49AA-A8E4-61E51965152E.thumb.jpeg.dde4806554ed671b7ea06a918fca36b2.jpeg0725D532-EE50-4B6B-B1D6-AD1DD8ACBF75.thumb.jpeg.b1c1aa853493c89124c5a9c42a29d35e.jpeg

Edited by Mucci

1975 2002 - US Spec, Taiga Green

14 minutes ago, Mike87 said:

That is there to keep the new diaphragm from getting damaged during storage prior to installation. It now goes in your junk drawer for some hack later on.

Haha jesus. This is why I always reference technical documents instead of previous owners.

1975 2002 - US Spec, Taiga Green

yeah, you mighta just found your 'always runs a bit rich' problem right there...

I've never seen one of those before.  

But then, I don't buy much new stuff...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL