• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Hose Inside Diameter

markmac

I have one here part #

64-21-1-353-368

small end (input heater valve)   ID = 17mm

large end (connects to block)  ID = 20mm

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

There’s a smaller-diameter early style and a larger-diameter late style (to the heater and heater valve)....

Yours is a 1974, Mark? If so, that’s the late style.

John, what year ‘02 is your part number for?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

There aren't may parts numbers (or parts) that work on my car, other than the oddball fastener....though I have found a few.  No, I am finishing some simple stuff (or seemingly simple but not necessarily) - cooling system, radiator and hoses.  I was hoping to find a factory hose that would go from my water pipe to the upper radiator (without a connector), no such luck, I am sure there is something from some car that would work.  The hose I was asking about I figured was smaller, but then its been so long since I have seen a standard 2002 really I had forgotten.  A singular hose I think is better than spliced (not uncommon to see in race cars), but this will do for now anyway.

IMG_20190621_104410.jpg

No heat required.....I have read before that it was painfully hot inside - I am sure all these cars were the same (hot, hot, hot inside), not surprising given the speed they were driven, and lengths (4, 6 and 12 hour races) and the raised floors and large diameter exhaust pipe in near proximity to the driver.

These hoses came from Summit Racing,  Had to buy two to get the ends I needed with the right angle(s) and then cut 'em up.  Went to Pontiac or some other.  30mm ID