• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Affordable" decently big wheels

flagoworld

14x6 or 15x7 or anything in between

They don't have to be "desirable", but they can't have any cracks or dents.

Not looking to spend a bunch of money on a really nice set of wheels, but want to upgrade from my tiny 13x5s.

EDIT for clarification: Looking to shy away from the "this car is missing its hubcaps" look, so stock steelies, bottle caps, and wheels with a lot of big flat faces of metal are less preferred. Certainly that rules out most "affordable" wheels, but I hope there are some out there that pique my interest just enough. Thanks.

Edited by flagoworld

'74 Verona

E30 BBS wheels are plentiful and affordable. 6.5" x 14" - and they fit perfectly with 185 width tires. Center caps for them can get pricey if they're not included in whatever set you buy...but they're a classic alternative that looks timeless and (in my opinion) super tasteful. 

IMG_7046.JPG

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

1 minute ago, wegweiser said:

E30 BBS wheels are plentiful and affordable. 6.5" x 14" - and they fit perfectly with 185 width tires. Center caps for them can get pricey if they're not included in whatever set you buy...but they're a classic alternative that looks timeless and (in my opinion) super tasteful. 

IMG_7046.JPG

Those are indeed quite nice looking! If anyone has any, shoot me a message :)

'74 Verona

4 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

Those are indeed quite nice looking! If anyone has any, shoot me a message :)

They were once pretty expensive - even used...but prices have dropped a lot lately. I bet a reasonably straight set in need of fresh cleaning / fresh painting could be had for $250-300 +/-. I might even have a set of these available in the spring... but not until then, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

Paul Wegweiser

30 minutes ago, wegweiser said:

IMG_7046.JPG

Wow!

I've never seen clean ones!

:D

• Haha 5

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

42 minutes ago, 02Les said:

One of the hardest wheels to keep looking clean. Need an array of toothbrushes to get in between the spokes.

I buy 1" wide disposable paint brushes. Spray on wheel cleaner...let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then scrub and rinse. 

Paul Wegweiser