• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M50 in e34 for my 2002

Sharktrainer

1 hour ago, tzei said:

It didn't always ended well for berserkers but then again you probably knew this already

btw sounds pretty nice e30 project you got there.

Would it kill @TobyB to take a picture occasionally? ?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Yup.  It would.

Pictures suck little bits of your soul-

and your motivation.  I have little enough'

of either to go around..

t

Edited by TobyB
  • Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

My M5 had the v10 and I was very intimate with it and all of its workings. Even if you could shoehorn the motor in (yes i know it's been done) you would then have to enlarge the tranny tunnel a good bit because the trans is massive. You would also need a serious brake upgrade, if I remember correctly it had 15" rotors front and back sitting behind 20" wheels. I would not want m5 power with 02 braking. I'm thinking you would need to spend a lot of time on reinforcement as well. Otherwise it might tear the car in half the first time you stomp on it.
If you decide to go this route (please do so I can follow it!) you will want to replace rod bearings and a few other internal Vanos components before installing it. Rod bearings are considered necessary preventative maintenance on the s65 and S85 otherwise it WILL spin a bearing. They do not wear evenly. It was the first thing I did on mine after I took ownership. Plan to spend 1200-1500 on these parts alone. d76c4b087b0adcc36c8cb30e58d1a184.jpge83d61effe62f1e8dd38f3ec1227a0a9.jpgee75e33bdb92209840887de65a60ecde.jpg721baeee148396ee05e2be9508412115.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

S85 sounds incredible but, it is also a very heavy engine trans combo. +1 on the rod bearings going bad.. Also, I felt the trans had very strange shift patterns while just driving around. It was awesome with launch control and shifted hard(very exciting) but, kind of a crude trans otherwise.

• Like 1

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

Passed on the M6, and bought one of these from the dude instead. Turns out I met him before. 1967 Kaiser M725 ambulance. Sight unseen, hope it’s not as bad as photos he sent. Good price though

Gets delivered from other side of island tomorrow because tires are rotten.

6-B346203-4-C02-4-EEF-9240-8-EB21-A71772

6443-A638-E7-DB-4655-A0-D9-69-F0603-F6-C

Edited by Sharktrainer
Add photo
  • Like 1