• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schrick 292 cam setup for BMW M10 engine

jerry-02less

Price: $750

Description:

I've had the setup for about a year planning on using it in an 02 project but have decided to go a different direction. Everything as stated is new and is in good condition. I prefer to sell it locally if at all possible but might could ship if absolutely necessary.

Schrick 292 cam setup. Cam is for the early m10 with distributors that rotate clockwise- 2002's and 320i's up to 1980 I believe.

New upgraded dual valve springs.

Titanium spring retainers

New rocker arms

New eccentrics

New adjustable cam gear

IMG_20181106_190927.jpg

IMG_20181106_190931.jpg

IMG_20181106_190949.jpg

IMG_20181106_190954.jpg

IMG_20181027_125158 (1).jpg

IMG_20181112_124833.jpg

IMG_20181112_132845.jpg

Edited by jerry-02less
added pics of part number and Schrick name

Bailing.   No response from seller.  Asked for pick of the Schrick stampings and no response. Hope I am wrong.   Not sure if the VW retainers will work for BMW.  Not sure of the nature of the springs, oddball cam gear. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Pictures are added. Not sure what you mean about the 'VW" retainers but the retainers were installed with the cam and springs in an e12 head. I'm afraid I cannot tell you anymore than that though.

If you look up the part numbers they are for a VW. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

1 hour ago, Dudeland said:

If you look up the part numbers they are for a VW. Best of luck.

These VW retainers and springs are a legit setup.  I used the same setup and it is a bullet proof combo. I would bet some of the venders we all know and love sell the same parts under their name or "no name". Easier to find common parts in other makes rather than custom wind springs and machine retainers that are M10 exclusive.. no need.

It's just like running Chevy valves in a Porsche head or Honda bearings on a M10 crank (or for that matter,  just about any engine that your looking to make power with).

Edited by evil02

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

4 minutes ago, jerry-02less said:

When I look up the part number on Summit, it simply shows them working with any dual spring setup utilizing 7 degree locks with 1.250" outside diameter springs and valves with .630 valve stem diameter. It doesn't say anything about VW's or any other make for that matter.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cro-86046-8/applications

You are both correct and they work great.  I think the sticking point is that Crower's part number on their website shows they were made for a VW application.

This is NOT a big deal and anyone who sets up heads for a living would know they will work just fine :)

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

28 minutes ago, evil02 said:

You are both correct and they work great.  I think the sticking point is that Crower's part number on their website shows they were made for a VW application.

This is NOT a big deal and anyone who sets up heads for a living would know they will work just fine :)

Thanks for the clarification

• Like 1

• 4 years later...