• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free to good home. Bad homes pay cash money

Solarphil

Price: $20

Description:

I'm clearing out the storage before the big move, and there's a handful of items that just doesn't make sense to move so it's your opportunity to score parts of questionable value to store in your basement for a while. 

Like the heading says, I'd rather see these go to a good home than get scrapped, but i"m willing to entertain offers from bad homes too.  "Good home" is defined as someone that comes and picks them up.  In other words, these are free for the pickup.  If you see something that you absolutely have to have but need to have it shipped, then throw in a few bucks to cover time and materials for packaging, plus you pay shipping. 

Set of E21 (?) turbines, BF Goodrich tires in good condition

Stock exhaust and resonator, used, cut apart but likely salvageable

Hood - solid, no cancer under the inside lip, PO appears to have used paint stripper across the top

20180915_103428.thumb.jpg.b706e3bee49c6970724933417172f974.jpg

20180915_103330.thumb.jpg.f57cd7d5444d9ec9d5f5d02236e6eb64.jpg

KYB rear shocks

Tii manifold, grey one has a crack

Radiators, I would count on them having leaks and needing rebuilt

Set of springs, white paint stripe on two, red (magenta?) on the others

4 speed transmission, slight synchro whine

Non-limited slip diff, with E21 cover.  'Cause eventually even E21s will increase in value enough that we start putting diffs back in them.

Edited by Solarphil
  • Like 2

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy

1 hour ago, Solarphil said:

I can check. OK if they go in two boxes?  

Sure. FWIW, I checked and those boxes are 12x12x5.5in, so I'm pretty sure even one manifold would be a tight squeeze. I don't really care about the packaging or the speed of shipping, so whatever is easiest/cheapest is fine. I just figured the flat rate boxes would be cheapest on account of the weight.

EDIT: I wonder if putting them in a shipping tube would be the most secure and space-efficient method...again, whatever's cheap and easy.

Edited by Andrej

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

OK, I just got back from a run to the the storage locker.  Andrej, I can now with great confidence tell you that, if the question "Fits in a Large Flat Rate Box" ever comes up on Jeopardy, you can confidently know the answer is not "what is a Tii exhaust header."  Not even close.  3 cylinders worth, maybe. 

PM me with an address and let's see if we can figure out another option.  

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

Sorry reyes02 and others, the 4 speed and diff are gone.  Folks have chimed in about other parts and I'm trying to take things in order of who-chimed-in-first, but ultimately it's the first one that shows up with a box for these puppies gets their pick of the litter to take home.

Edited by Solarphil

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

Hi Phil, my resonator is rattling and I'd be happy to replace it with a working used example.  Welding cut pieces is not a problem.  I could maybe use the muffler as well, depending on how long mine lasts.  I am over on the Kitsap Peninsula and don't ride the boats much, but perhaps we can figure something out via PM, if they are still available.

Thanks for the generous offerings! 

Tom

List is updated with the puppies that are still available, but time is getting short so if you can't come pick them up yourself I'm going to rely on you to work up a shipping quote and make an offer.  Be bold, be silly, just be upfront with a number that covers the cost of shipment and beer money and it's yours

Cheers!

• Like 1

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund