• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 tii restoration photo and dimension help

mjcari

Hi Guys,

I am resorting my 1973 tii and the car had some mods done to it that we are undoing as we are essentially putting the car back to stock.

1.) Specifically I am moving the battery back into the engine compartment and I have to re-make a tii battery tray. This tray is welded in to the car, not bolted in like the non-tii cars. I need to know the dimensions of the tray (width and depth) and the distance from the bottom of the tray to the top of the frame rail. We have pictures of a tray to know what it looks like, we just want to know the dimensions.

2.) Does anyone have a picture of the radiator support without a radiator in it so I can see the holes that are punched into the core support and how the radiator is fastened to it. Ours was zip-tied to the core support and the core support was cut to widen the opening.

thank you!!

Mike

8 hours ago, mjcari said:

2.) Does anyone have a picture of the radiator support without a radiator in it so I can see the holes that are punched into the core support and how the radiator is fastened to it. Ours was zip-tied to the core support and the core support was cut to widen the opening.

The holes are rectangular and have speed nuts clipped into them.  Here is a generic image of something similar.  

Image result for clip nut

These guys sell speed nuts

https://www.belmetric.com/metric-speed-nuts-c-3_856/

I had mine out recently and took a few photos.  Do these help?

022.thumb.JPG.8303324406fb10621764a28f2c5fc01d.JPG026.thumb.JPG.b57b6c5958a84f61e068bcb6445ed6fc.JPG

Not sure if any of these will help you.  All from my 73tii with Behr AC.  The battery tray sits very close to the top of the alternator.  Mine was welded to the body by a PO.

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_5469.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

20171231_161854_zpsjekfxt14.jpg

20171231_161905_zpsi1iihskj.jpg

Here is a picture of a 71 nose.

IMG_6981.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"