• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for History on a race prepped '75 2002

motormike5

Hello Members,

My brother and I just acquired a '75 (possibly) race/autocross prepped 2002 Verona out of Louisiana...and I am trying to gather some history on the car.  We'd like to do some restoration and not sure of the direction yet.

VIN #2364064  and has quite an engine...Tii Piano top pistons 10:1,  Block bored over .020, Tii oil pump, oil pan baffled, Schrick 302 Cam with Schrick springs, Head was ported and polished, Weber side draft 40 DCOE with Korman intake manifold...and several other upgrades to the suspension, 3.91 LSD, I could keep going.

What I do know is-  gentleman named Matt Brumwell raced this car...most likely in the Southeast during the late 90's and possibly early 200's,  and the engine builder is Bavarian Motor Sports, LTD out of Suwanee, Georgia.  A decal displayed- Black Flag Motorsport.

If anyone knows this car...would love to have more details and possibly track down a log book.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

IMG_4570.JPG

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

IMG_4602 (1).JPG

IMG_4603.JPG

Edited by motormike5
adding more information

That's a roll bar.  

By the 90's, national road racing cars (SCCA, and similar) required a full cage,

with side hoops, a knee bar, and some number of diagonals.

Take a look at the main hoop of the bar- if it HAS been sanctioned by someone, there 

will possibly be a stamp that might help you figure out whom.

Usually right next to a small hole in the tubing, so they could measure it.

hth

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

2 hours ago, TobyB said:

That's a roll bar.  

By the 90's, national road racing cars (SCCA, and similar) required a full cage,

with side hoops, a knee bar, and some number of diagonals.

Take a look at the main hoop of the bar- if it HAS been sanctioned by someone, there 

will possibly be a stamp that might help you figure out whom.

Usually right next to a small hole in the tubing, so they could measure it.

hth

t

yup.  was not road raced without a full cage.  scca required the logbook number be metal stamped in the main hoop of the cage as toby said.  it also has a straight body, all the trim, big bumper, full interior....race cars have none of that....

if just auto-x'd, there will be no logbook.

2xM3