• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 320i Parts Car or Whole

7D2-OhTwo

Price: $1200

Description:

This is a ’83 320i I am selling as a whole or parts.  You will probably do better as a whole.  It has a 5 Speed transmission and a pretty solid body.  It was being prepped for racing so it has a fuel cell instead of a stock tank.  Someone has removed the stock fuel injection setup for a Weber carb (IDK why).  Oh by the way, the car runs fine.  I am starting out with selling the obvious. 

5 Speed Transmission and Drive shaft - $1200 obo.  Serious buyers just make me an offer…you can just take the whole car.

I live in the Atlanta area…

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8581.JPG

If it has the original transmission that came with the '83s it would be the Getrag 240 not the longer 245.  They both work for the 5-speed conversion on '02s but the mounting requirements are slightly different.

Some folks prefer one or the other but the 245 generally sells for more.  If it is working properly right now with it in the car, that is a big selling point.

You might also check to see if the differential is an LSD.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

25 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Isn't that a mid-year change?

Good question.  I certainly don't know for sure but I'm betting someone out there has more definitive data so hopefully they will chime in.  It would be nice to know.

In the mean time, here are a couple of articles that have a few data points.

BMW E21 Transmissions Types.pdf

Metric Mechanic Getrag-Identification-Chart.pdf

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

Good question.  I certainly don't know for sure but I'm betting someone out there has more definitive data so hopefully they will chime in.  It would be nice to know.

In the mean time, here are a couple of articles that have a few data points.
BMW E21 Transmissions Types.pdf
Metric Mechanic Getrag-Identification-Chart.pdf

It's a 240. Just check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk