• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk vs. Hood Roundel for 1976 2002

Nope, they are different sizes.  Larger on the trunk, with the curved back.

You can get plastichrome super shiny ones, or cast aluminum, with painted roundels in the recessed portion.

My 76 came with the plastichrome style, but I found a pair of old aluminum ones to replace them.

I believe they are making the aluminum ones again, but I am not positive.

You're welcome.

If they are available new, Blunttech can get them from you.

I placed a wanted ad in the Parts Wanted forum on this site and found my used set.

They are quite weathered, so they match my paint and trim : )

There are several old threads in the archives about painting them.

When searching, I find that using the Google window works best.

(It comes up if you click the little magnifying glass near the top of the page).

I've purchased both front and rear for my '76 from Bavarian Autosport.  I was able to get a hand painted front one from them.  Both were reasonably priced around $40.00 each (give or take, I can't remember 100%) a couple of years ago.

My "fun" cars so far:                                                                                                                                                                                                            My restoration website:

1976 BMW 2002a                                                                                                                                                                                                           http://www.2002and914.com

1975 Porsche 914