• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My diff is stuck

Naz

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
  Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
  He chortled in his joy."

That is definitely quite the beast!  Good work!

Thanks, I used my body like a transmission jack and pulled it out. Im having it media blasted then will change the seals and o-rings to stop the leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you think that's a boat anchor? You should try lifting the side loader! Presume you had to remove the rear rubber mount?  

(BTW Chris - NK never got the short neck, went from long neck to side loader)

I thought the long neck was the biggest one?

The girl that's media blasting it for me called it "small" as well. I was a little taken by her comment..I thought it was pretty big.

Yes, I did have to remove the rear mount to get it out.

I am certain that cleaning all parts before installing  is a certifiable mental condition as I suffer from the same malady.  It often takes more time to clean the parts than to install them.

Just today, as I was preparing a set of hubs for new bearings and seals, I didn't just clean up the old parts, but tapped all the bolt holes and cleaned and polished all the bolt threads.  Sorry, the glare off of the highly polished surfaces prevented any photographic evidence!

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

I spend a lot of time cleaning and organizing as well. It's my pleasure really. Guys like us can't put mis-matched pistons in an engine. Wink wink

2e808567486c2b80075f0ab57de281ab.jpg

Is there a reason why I was able to remove one side easily and not the other. Not sure what you call this. Drive flange? Anyway I can't seem to get the other drive flange off the diff and I want to change the seal. it seems locked in there.

It would seem that I need a pulley with a support bracket to get this off. Odd how the other side just slid out by hand.

23971b9062f017c28349cedf1829279d.jpg1d39fd7f88339398f4bd3e15854d8ea9.jpg