• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellow 1974 2002 w/sunroof near Madison, WI

E39guy

Price: $11000

Description:

I have a 1974 BMW 2002 for sale. 5 year old yellow paint job with black interior. Odometer shows 56k but who knows what it really amounts to. This car is a very nice driver and looks great. No rust that I can find. Here's a quick rundown. I am sure I have forgotten many details. All work besides paint done within the last couple years, 100 miles or less on parts below. 

1974 BMW 2002 with factory sunroof (not a very common option).

Engine;

Rebuilt M10 with approximately 100 miles on it (Currently breaking in). Everything inspected by my machine shop, and replaced where needed.

New Steel fuel lines to replace the old rusty ones, fuel tank has a liner in it. 

Weber 32/36 with factory air cleaner adapted to fit. 

320i alternator swap (60 vs. 40a)

Long tube header

New Ansa exhaust

Suspension/Brakes/Clutch;

New front calipers, rotors and bearings.
New Brake Master
New Clutch Master and Slave
New Clutch
New Front ball joints
New Swaybar Endlinks
New center tie rod
New AGM battery under back seat
New KYB shocks on all four corners

Body;

Paint is roughly 5 years old, it was painted before I got it so I am making some assumptions based on condition. Car has not been driven before 5/1 after it was painted last. Underhood was media blasted and painted to match. Most of the wiring is now under the dash for a cleaner look. 

No rust that I can find, rust repair of the rear arches was done by the previous owner. I repaired some spots on the floor pans myself. Rear shock towers look good. Rust free hood/trunk/doors were used.

Interior;

Mostly original, back seats are from an earlier car so the vinyl pattern doesn't match. 

Dash has minimal cracking, and an aftermarket radio put into the center console. Rear speakers are under a custom rear parcel shelf to keep the stock look on the inside. 

Headliner looks fantastic

Original carpet looks good and is presentable. 

Heater box was fully rebuilt and is completely functional. Including new OEM blower motor.

Pedal box was rebuilt.

Asking price is $11,000 OBO. I greatly prefer local sale (so you know exactly what you're getting) and can provide more photos to anyone interested. 

Thank you. 

20170507_131608.jpg

20170507_131626.jpg

20170507_131645.jpg

20170507_131713.jpg

20170507_131730.jpg

20170509_191918.jpg

20170509_192036.jpg

20170212_094453.jpg

Edited by E39guy
Photos

1974 Golf Yellow 2002 restoration under way!

Looks really good. In some of the pictures it looks like it's Golf, but in others, it looks more bright yellowish, without the green undertones. In your opinion, is it a good match to the original Golf? I like Golf.

Could you send me more photos, please?  (j.denker@sbcglobal.net)

Thanks.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

You guys are right about it being an original golf car. Honestly I'm not sure if the car is still "golf" yellow. I've never seen one in real life and I'm red green colorblind...

It does definitely look greenish in person, according to my wife. I'll get some better photos in my garage and maybe you can tell. 

Jim, I'll shoot you an email when I get home.

Thanks, Evan 

Edited by E39guy

1974 Golf Yellow 2002 restoration under way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was passing through the area and I had a chance to look at this car in person. No affiliation, just providing my observations:

·      The body is straight and panel gaps are excellent

·      The paint looks very good with the exception of two small bubbles on the driver’s side rear quarter panel.

·      The underside of the car is solid and it’s not covered with undercoat so you can clearly see what’s going on. There is some surface rust and a couple patches, but otherwise looks good.

·      Shock towers look good.

·      The driver’s seat needs some attention, but otherwise the interior is serviceable and fine for a driver. The headliner is perfect.

This is the first 2002 I’ve driven, so I won't dwell on my driving impressions (take them with a grain of salt). The car tracks and stops straight. The steering is a little heavy at slow speeds (wider tires?), but feels good otherwise. The car started right-up and seemed to run fine.

My overall impression is that Evan took the time do do things right and didn’t take short cuts restoring this car. He’s very forthright and can provide additional photos that document my comments. I think the car just needs some final sorting (e.g. new exhaust) and it would be ready to go.