• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Aluminum radiator

backtrail69

Spend the money once, be happier. 

How about a Behr for an E21?  Those are good.

ePay?  Not for car parts, if you can help it.  ESPECIALLY not new car parts that carry loads.  Or keep the engine alive, or anything that matters.

Maybe a passenger mirror...  or... something...

t

<edit>  One exception- if it's a real brick- and- mortar AUTO PARTS store behind the ePay part.  Like if Blunt started selling through ePay or something like that.

No, Amazon doesn't count- they know almost as much about car parts as my cat does....

Edited by TobyB

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Hmmm I am pretty sure that question has come up before. I think it depends what you are trying to get out of it. 

I think a stock radiator with a 3 row recore, a Walloth & Nesch upgrade radiator or even an E21 rad is probably just as good an upgrade to the coolant system. 

If it's bling you are after then are you going to get the same result knowing that your rad came from eBay and not Ireland? Lots of people have installed the Ireland rad with good effect and good customer service feedback. The extra hundred buys more than just a radiator. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Ireland Engineering. In the US.  Accountable. Problem? Great company. They will fix it. 

Unknown Ebay seller. China...Problem?.....Try to get money back?....Roll the dice. 

Is this the supplier for IE?...Roll the dice... You might win. But the house usually has the odds in their favor

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

Now I am trying to figure out who buys these radiators...I haven't found a single review of them positive or negative.

I have spent tons of money with IE between my E30s and my '02 just wanting to keep an open mind to gather all information before making a decision.

'87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Wasn't there someone on here recently complaining that an aluminium radiator was too thick and fouled the nose of the water pump?

I think it is fair to say that if you can get one installed it will probably work very well (but then 'working' consists of being leak proof and dimensionally larger than the stock one - shouldn't be hard).

You may have issues depending upon how square your front end is. Just be prepared to do some fiddling around to get it in. The people who made that may never have laid their eyes on an 02. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/