• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual shift lever

buckweber

When I bought the car the stick lever was laying in the floor board. All other parts missing .  I ordered the spacer, springs , caps, etc.. I can't figure out how it goes together.  If anybody has instructions it would be a huge help

Thanks

Buck

It is a1974 Tii. I have the diagram.  From real OEM.  23/17.  The lower shifter arm (part 10) is installed and held  in by lock ring #9.   I can't tell whether ball cups #19 are already installed under clip#9 . I think #20, 19, 19, 18, 17, are in the sleeve on part #8  (shifting arm). 

I assume the the remaining parts are place on the lower shift arm and part 11 slides over it.   Does part 14 rubber ring slide all the way down to the ball?   It is a very tight fit if so.   For the life of me I can't figure out where circlip #13 goes.  There is no slot that it would clip into

i am obviously lost

I'll try.  Others may want to chime in.

Pull 10 up from the bottom of the cup.  20 goes to the very bottom of the cup.  Bottom 19 part is over 20, but under the ball of 10.  Then, the top 19 part, 18, and 17 fill out the cup.  Push 9 down to retain everything inside said cup.

Parts 12, 13, 14, 15 go to the top of 10 once it is assembled in the cup.  Push into the flared out bottom of 11. Need to make sure everything is nice and tight. 16 clip is locked in at the bottom of 11 to hold 12, 13, 14 and 15 in.

Good luck. 

Added:  You may find it easier to assemble 10 and 11 together first before trying to pack 10 into the cup.

Edited by Tsingtao_1903