• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002 in FL Needed

Roy_Rich

Been searching  a while on the forum and craigslist for a BMW 2002 for sale in Florida. Looking for something that at least runs, but not eliminating anything at this time.

I'm willing to travel as far north as Georgia, but trying to keep it in Florida. Any leads or current cars available are highly interested.  Looking for a four door, but in the meantime a two door is plenty.

Thanks all

Rich

1 hour ago, Roy_Rich said:

Been searching  a while on the forum and craigslist for a BMW 2002 for sale in Florida. Looking for something that at least runs, but not eliminating anything at this time.

I'm willing to travel as far north as Georgia, but trying to keep it in Florida. Any leads or current cars available are highly interested.  Looking for a four door, but in the meantime a two door is plenty.

Thanks all

Rich

Are you looking for a BMW2002 or a 2002 BMW? It makes a difference in the number of doors available to you.

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

3 hours ago, 72_02 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they made a 4 door, at all. Unless it's a different model you're after.

Yes, a 2002 is definitionally a 2-door car.  There was, of course, a 2000 4-door sedan -- which is a sibling to the 2002 -- but, as one of the NK (Neue Klasse) sedan series that began in 1963(?), you may love the 4-door NK sedans (1500, 1600, 1800, and 2000) but might not find them as easy to own due to parts availability...

It all depends on your goals and needs.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

7 hours ago, Conserv said:

Yes, a 2002 is definitionally a 2-door car.  There was, of course, a 2000 4-door sedan -- which is a sibling to the 2002 -- but, as one of the NK (Neue Klasse) sedan series that began in 1963(?), you may love the 4-door NK sedans (1500, 1600, 1800, and 2000) but might not find them as easy to own due to parts availability...

It all depends on your goals and needs.

Regards,

Steve

Steve this is great information, I always assumed the 4 door model was a 2002, but what you're telling me it's a 2000. Do you happen to know what year they were manufactured? As for the NK Sedans I'll give those a gander as well. Any leads to any variety of classic BMW cars in FL would be appreciated. Thanks

On 1/19/2017 at 8:15 AM, Roy_Rich said:

Steve this is great information, I always assumed the 4 door model was a 2002, but what you're telling me it's a 2000. Do you happen to know what year they were manufactured? As for the NK Sedans I'll give those a gander as well. Any leads to any variety of classic BMW cars in FL would be appreciated. Thanks

In the Forums, following the '02 General Discussion is the NK General Discussion.  "NK", for Neue Klasse, is the way we commonly refer to the 4-door sedans, from which the '02's (2-doors) were spun off.  NK production might have been roughly 1963-1972.  You might want to, within the NK General Discussion, look through the Neue Klasse Registry to get a better sense of the cars.  They are great cars, but they came to the U.S. in considerably smaller numbers than the '02's.  So...first you've got to find one!

Word of caution.  It doesn't sound like you've done much homework for a person looking to buy a 50-year-old car.  I'm going to assume, however, that you understand that rust is the primary concern with a 50-year-old car, whether it is a BMW, an Alfa, or a Chevy!

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

11 minutes ago, Conserv said:

In the Forums, following the '02 General Discussion is the NK General Discussion.  "NK", for Neue Klasse, is the way we commonly refer to the 4-door sedans, from which the '02's (2-doors) were spun off.  NK production might have been roughly 1963-1970.  You might want to, within the NK General Discussion, look through the Neue Klasse Registry to get a better sense of the cars.  They are great cars, but they came to the U.S. in considerably smaller numbers than the '02's.  So...first you've got to find one!

Word of caution.  It doesn't sound like you've done much homework for a person looking to buy a 50-year-old car.  I'm going to assume, however, that you understand that rust is the primary concern with a 50-year-old car, whether it is a BMW, an Alfa, or a Chevy!

Good luck,

Steve

Steve, I'll get to posting in those other forums and you are correct I'm barely dangerous when it comes to knowledge of the 2002, but enthusiastic to learn. I've had friends out west that had a number of 2002 and would love to have my own here in Florida. I have come across numerous used '02's with rust in the trunk and around the wheel wells.  I'm hoping working and talking with people on the forum and in the community will expand my knowledge.  I thank you for taking an interest in helping me learn more.

I'm in Fla also , after 4 years of constant

searching every forums and website,

flying across country  two times and

too many road trips up the east coast i

could not find a rust free car to begin

a project. Along the way I looked at many

02's that were rust free because of new parts and massive body work . I've spoken to dozens of lie'rs , cheats

and scammers. I've seen the worlds greatest PhotoShop artists at work.

after all that I found through a friend

a 1972 BMW 2002 with a honest documented 87,000 miles , 3 owners

complete service records and most importantly No Rust !

the car was in the mountains above

berkly California .

i had the car transported back to

west palm beach

Edited by Road trip

• 2 weeks later...