• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Move the Fuseholder inside ?

calw

I'm done worrying about the old style fuses and will replace them with blade fuses one way or the other. I also don't want to cut sheet metal so that nothing is permanent.

The car is a '69 1600 with a 6 fuse system.  I'm not worried about modifying the wiring harness to do this.

Having made those resolutions, I've looked for a fuse holder that will fill the existing hole in the engine bay-

No luck so far due to the designs available.  They are-

Surface mounted with wires exiting below and too tall,

Or surface mounted with wires out in the open above the surface, requiring the addition of holes thru the metal surface

So, I'm now thinking that moving the fuse holder inside under the dashboard.  Is this ground that's been covered before?  I wasn unable to find anything with a search

thanks! 

It's a bigger job relocating the fuse box than it would be overcoming any mechanical issues about securing a new box in the stock location (or at least very near) and directing the wiring. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I use this as an auxiliary fuse holder, I have it under the hood just towards the cockpit from the original (in my case 12-fuse) box. I don't know if it would fit in the original spot but I imagine you could make a plate to mount at the original spots and mount this on the plate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VU9D1G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by pklym