• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what's your '02's value?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

73tii.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/talkshop/forum/messages/79018.html

I'll work with midwest dollars since that's where the cars are located. You can deduct $1k on each of them if they were on the west coast.

'73 2002tii - I traded an '88 535i (worth about $4500) for this car in 2000. I've spent $3-4k on parts and service - getting the kfish setup sorted out, Recaros, factory sport steering wheel, wheels, Pertronix, plus a bunch of parts still to go in (carpet, front suspension bits & other misc). Its a nearly rustfree car with a so-so paint job. Probably worth $4500-5500, maybe a little more on Ebay.

'70 1600-2 - I paid $900 for this car earlier this year. Spent $950 to have it trucked from CA to OH, $50 on a battery & $100 on tune-up parts. Has a little "sunroof rust" in the rockers, otherwise a clean solid car. Clutch went in-op just before I put it away for the winter, so it takes a hit on value. Probably worth $1500-2000 once I get the clutch fixed, but could go for a bit more on Ebay.

It will be fun spending what I hope will be a large amount of time and money on these cars over the next 10-15 years to make them only marginally more valuable. But creating new 02 memories is priceless.

Karl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Bought my first 02 in 1983 for $1000.

totally rebuilt it, added things, took them off, added other things, took those off, cut up the body, added box flares, added a bunch more stuff, changed the intake to dual 45s, took those off, rebuilt the motor, changed to 320i fuel injection, and so on....

Yeah, one time I did take all the receipts and they totalled nearly $18k as I remember. I didn't have any receipts for the bodywork or paint as it was done in trade with me doing some of the work.

I figure I would have spent more than 10 times that amount had I have been into drinking, gambling, or loose women.

Sold the car in 1996 or 97 for about $7500.

Guest Anonymous

73 Sahara purchased in Boulder in '97 w/ 135k(162k now)and original PO engine rebuild (yah yah...No history but very strong!) Mostly garaged. $3500 price tag, paid $800 actual as part of a severance. Funny, I was just making a list. $5k in already and I have not done body repairs and paint, recaro,s, LSD, 5 speed conversion and engine. Need $6.5k before body/paint and motor. FANTASTIC DRIVER in very good shape...to me! Brought our only son, Enzo, home from the hospital in her. Happy holidays to all!!!!

Guest Anonymous

fae043db.jpg

I used to think it was worth something, but then some jerk told me about the massive "dimple disaster" that proves a previously smashed 02. I checked mine, and sure enough, I have 1 dimple. So I guess the 2 previous owners were lying to me when they said it had never been hit. Now I may as well see it for scrap.

Al

Guest Anonymous

autox.jpg

Puchased a rust free Arizona car in 1993 for $1000. Spent thousands on replacing or modifying nearly every system and still counting. Just before I left for Iraq, I spent over 2k on Sparco EVO2 seats & brackets, Spraco 6pt harness and an Autopower Race roll bar w/harness bar and cross bar (Powder Coated).

Phil

1970 2002

1991 E30M3

Guest Anonymous

Got my 02 about 3 weeks ago, along with a lot of extras. Now it is in the process of rust repair and the road to a new life. Interior out, rockers cut out, floors also getting attention. But..the piles of rust are getting smaller and smaller after each grinding session.

Hopefully by mid summer it will be a happy car once again.

Pictures soon to come

Jake

Guest Anonymous

lances2.jpg

74 tii

electric sunroof, scheel seats, alpina a4 injection, M3 crank, M3 rods, Alpina header, 304 camshaft, hemispherical combustion chambers, hemi pistons, cr 5 speed, cr steering box, lux interior with map pockets and folding rear armrest, rear shoulder belts, turbo rear bumper, alpina deadpedal, alpina steering wheel, alpina shift knob, alpina 6 x 15" wheels, alpina sway bars front and rear, alpina green dot struts, alpina inverted rear shocks (inserts), 40% 3.65 : 1 lsd, turbo gas tank, turbo rear brakes can't remember the rest oh yea headlight washers etc

I would say that it is work $5 k on a good day.