• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Center caps for Ronal Kleeblatt wheels

jgerock

Thought I could get my new later 2002 center caps to fit onto the powdercoated Ronal wheels but the wheels don't have enough of an inner lip like the steel wheels do.  I can beat them on but they snap right back off.

I know someone here was making new caps for certain wheels.  

95AF5449-2DD8-4379-90AC-5D86DA96ACA0_zps

IMG_8659_zpsc08947fe.jpg

Found this image on the internet

dawheelsinnit_zps35cd43cf.jpg

Edited by jgerock
Added new picture

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Hey, Jim,

Try pehlivanov_tii.

My Ronal's are still in "un-restored" condition, so I'm quite a bit behind you.  And I also have no center caps.

But if making two sets of center caps -- one for you, one for me -- made a "Ronal-center-cap project" more attractive to pehlivanov_tii, or less expensive for us, I would be happy to buy a set.  Stated differently, if YOU'RE willing to do the heavy lifting, I'm willing to jump in and take advantage of your hard work!  Seriously, let me know if I can help.

I don't know if actually having the Ronal name and logo on the caps forces the project to the next level -- as opposed to simply a chrome center cap that actually fits and stays in place.  I could make do with either arrangement.  I suppose if it were a blank center cap, it would leave open the option to install, say, a BMW roundel.  And someone such as noboco could probably produce Ronal labels.

Did I thank you for bringing up this issue?  No?  Well, thank you!!!  And, oh, by the way, I think the Ronal rims are absolutely stunning with your Riviera paint!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hmm...aren't the center caps for the late styled-steel rims ('74-'76) the same as those for the e21 rims?  I'm traveling right now but I'll try one of my center caps on my Ronal R2's when I get home.

Regards,

Steve

20 hours ago, Conserv said:

Hmm...aren't the center caps for the late styled-steel rims ('74-'76) the same as those for the e21 rims?  I'm traveling right now but I'll try one of my center caps on my Ronal R2's when I get home.

Regards,

Steve

That's what I thought Steve.  I have a brand new set of the late caps but they won't fit.

Here is another image I found on the internet. Note the different style of center cap.

Ronel_zpsa3d3a32a.jpg

Edited by jgerock
can't do anything today

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

2 hours ago, jgerock said:

That's what I thought Steve.  I have a brand new set of the late caps but they won't fit.

Here is another image I found on the internet. Note the different style of center cap.

Ronel_zpsa3d3a32a.jpg

Yes, Jim,

That's an odd arrangement with an octagonal boss for the center cap...

Best regards,

Steve

There's a remarkable unmolested "survivor" tii at a shop up the street from me. It has vintage Ronals like those…(and a dogleg 5 speed!) If I get the chance, I'll see what caps it has on it. I might even be doing some tuning / brake system on it - as a moonlighting gig, which means I'll have the wheels off and can investigate further. Maybe in the next week or so. 

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I have two or three spare early kleetblatts, lot of centre caps and will see what fit.

i have tried a few other cap (2002/e21) and they all fit. Fitting is quite tight.

the Kleetblatts I run are newly power coated and a tight fit but do fit and have stayed on for over a year now.

perhaps the powder coating on yours is to heavy or the new caps very slightly smaller?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have never seen any of the center caps on those wheels in the pictures you posted.  I do have the original centercaps for those wheels.  The Ronal sticker is actually a purple/violet color.  The cap itself is plastic.  Ronal also had Aluminum lug nuts for their wheels.  Email me and I can send you a picture of the centercaps.

Located in Vacaville,CA.  shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com