• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M42 turbo or F20c na

cwlo

I am researching engine swaps, and am narrowing it down to a M42 turbo, or naturally aspirated  F20c.  Leaving price and install complexity aside,  (both are actually pretty similar), what would be your preference.  A m42 turbo runs roughly peak 200hp/200torque, while the f20c is 240hp/155 torque.  The f20c would come with its 6 speed, while the m42 with a 5spd getrag 240.

Thanks,

Chris

I went with a M42 turbo.  I'm having the swap done due to lack of space, time, and some of the important know how.  We shooting for 230-250hp when all is said and done.  Well at least one extra hp than Ray but that is another story :) 

I test drove a NA M42 swap and thought that was fun.  I'm hoping a few extra horses will kick up the grin factor a bit.  Hopefully it will be done to take it to Vintage !!

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Yes that would be the one.  The plan is to fly to MIchigan and drive to Vintage.  Then take 2-3 weeks and drive it back to SoCal.  Should be a bit of fun :)

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold