• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Into the light.......

markmac

Really it is kind of embarrassing how long.  I purchased the car in 2002.  Doing the math on that is depressing.  Working on 2 sq. inches/day still doesn't pencil out time wise (should have been done about 2005...).  Of course I took a long break from about 2008 - 2012 while our economy imploded, just in time to send my oldest off to UC Irvine....bla, bla, bla, we all have the same stories/issues/challenges.  I come home from work last night, wife has her car tucked away in the garage....didn't take long (but don't get too used to it....haha).  Looking forward to taking things from boxes (and eliminating those) as they go back on the car, not working with body filler, sand paper and fiberglass (anymore or ever again possibly) and getting this thing done.

Of course on the bright side, had I busted out the restoration of the car right when I bought it, it would have been restored with the Grp. 5 bodywork and I might not have learned the true identity and discovered its history (pretty good chance of that really).

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com