• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Tii Steel Wheels 5Jx13

02Take02

Looking for a set of Tii Steel Wheels for my 1972 Tii. Size is 5Jx13. Need a complete set with a 71 or 72 production date. I could also do a couple singles if they are Lemmerz with a 10/71 production date. Prefer they have matching production dates. Tii wheels only not the e21 or stock 2002 4 1/2x13 wheels. Let me know what you have. Thanks for looking. 

Edited by 02Take02

On 2/14/2016 at 8:06 AM, 02Take02 said:

...I could also do a couple singles if they are Lemmerz with a 10/71 production date...

Very ambitious! But...I did go looking for a single Kronpriz 5x13, dated 10/72 or earlier. And found one! It was dated 2/72, but one of my '73's (manufactured 10/72) original steelies was also a 2/72 rim so the newbie fit right in!

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks guys. Restoring a Tii is an ambitious project especially these days when new parts from BMW are drying up. I've tried to deal with M-Tuner a couple times and haven't had the best experiences trying to put a deal together. Not sure what experiences others have had. I'm not trying to bash M-Tuner but I just couldn't get the info/pictures I wanted and at the time he only accepted cashier's checks. I'm not sure if that's changed or not. Anyway hopefully somebody will have a decent set or a partial set. I have some alloys I can use in the meantime.   

Thanks guys. Restoring a Tii is an ambitious project especially these days when new parts from BMW are drying up. I've tried to deal with M-Tuner a couple times and haven't had the best experiences trying to put a deal together. Not sure what experiences others have had. I'm not trying to bash M-Tuner but I just couldn't get the info/pictures I wanted and at the time he only accepted cashier's checks. I'm not sure if that's changed or not. Anyway hopefully somebody will have a decent set or a partial set. I have some alloys I can use in the meantime.   

Yeah, mtuner is old school but legit.  I bought a set of tii steelies from him last year, and it was drawn out deal, and required a bit of trust (i.e. cashiers check), but they are now in my garage.  I wasn't in a hurry, as I'd been looking for a set for a few years.  Buy them when you find them! 

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 3:32 PM, qdessa said:

How can you tell the date . I have a set of steelies that are 5J 13 but can seem to determine the date. They have the lemmerz stamp.

Don't get your hopes up - the wheels are from a normal 02 - but who know what the previous owners was up to.

A month-and-year date is stamped into the rim’s front face.

First photo: Lemmerz steel rim, 5J x 13, manufactured October 1971 ("10" over "71")

Second photo: Kronprinz steel rim, 5J x 13, manufactured July 1972 ("7" over "72")

Lots of owners upgraded to tii rims back in the day. The "tii guys" were upgrading to alloys and jettisoning their cars' steelies -- cheaply!

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-98111800-1457302023_thumb.j

post-41123-0-04549000-1457302231_thumb.j

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I have a single Lemmers wheel date stamped 10/71.  One bit of trivia for you is that when the square tail light cars began to be manufactured, it was not uncommon for the assembly line workers to use the "old" 5J wheel as the spare even if it did not match the four wheels on the car.

Located in Vacaville,CA.  Email me for pictures   shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com.

• 2 years later...

On 3/6/2016 at 11:15 PM, shermanmartinez said:

I have a single Lemmers wheel date stamped 10/71.  One bit of trivia for you is that when the square tail light cars began to be manufactured, it was not uncommon for the assembly line workers to use the "old" 5J wheel as the spare even if it did not match the four wheels on the car.

Located in Vacaville,CA.  Email me for pictures   shermanmartinez at Hotmail dot com.

Hi Sherman Martinez

Do you still have the wheel? (lemmerz 5j 13)

Regards

Emanuel

• 2 months later...