• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable angle velocity stacks.

76dailydriver

Toby you are a laugh riot. But you know what? If this p trap connection is 40mm id and you can find away to hook up, i bet it has a nice buttom grunt on it :-) But on a serious note. What is your take on the foam filters mounted on the adjustable stacks? Per there ebay add it has been dyno tested for flow and works. But then again its an add to sell.

• 2 years later...
On 9/17/2015 at 10:48 AM, 76dailydriver said:

Saw this in ebay the other day. Kinda interested in it for my dcoes. Seem to solve the clearance issue while providing some tuning (longer runners) anyone have experience with these? Thanks in advance.

P.S. could not find in search option.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252080580265

post-45807-0-60420400-1442512046.jpg

has anyone tried these yet? I wanna make sure they fit italian webers.

7 hours ago, Pouya said:

has anyone tried these yet? I wanna make sure they fit italian webers.

yes had them on my italians for about a year before Harvey took it away... yes they do work. more grunt on the bottom end and it fits standard booster. i did change to finer filter media later. the red stock media was too coarse.

FB_IMG_1535763460376.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, 76dailydriver said:

yes had them on my italians for about a year before Harvey took it away... yes they do work. more grunt on the bottom end and it fits standard booster. i did change to finer filter media later. the red stock media was too coarse.

FB_IMG_1535763460376.jpg

I picked up a set. They fit both DCOE 40 or 45. The base diameter is 48mm. I would have preferred if they were 40mm I don't think its ideal if there is a abrupt change in diameter of air tube. 

11 hours ago, Pouya said:

unless you have a set, I wouldn't know where to find them!

I have a set (the BMW Autosport ones on the right). I believe the nice center ones are from an Alpina A4 setup. The set on the left might be for Alfa (they have a tighter clearance to their fender with DCOEs than we do to the booster).  They’re kinda rare, but turn up on eboy from time up time.

I agree that an abrupt step-down in the trumpet diameter as it hits the carb inlet isn’t great - kinda defeats a key purpose of the velocity stacks..

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

26 minutes ago, visionaut said:

I have a set (the BMW Autosport ones on the right). I believe the nice center ones are from an Alpina A4 setup. The set on the left might be for Alfa (they have a tighter clearance to their fender with DCOEs than we do to the booster).  They’re kinda rare, but turn up on eboy from time up time.

I agree that an abrupt step-down in the trumpet diameter as it hits the carb inlet isn’t great - kinda defeats a key purpose of the velocity stacks..

Yep I am selling mine before I even get to install them. The transition  from velocity stacks to the carbs need to be smooth. 

Are you selling the runners? What's the diameter at the base where it meets the carbs?

1 hour ago, Pouya said:

Are you selling the runners? What's the diameter at the base where it meets the carbs?

Not planning to.  They were designed for 40s (the fitted DCOE carb filter gasket has 45mm center holes).

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com