• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather Dash Skin on EBAY from the UK

I have been thinking about covering a 74 tii dash in black leather after looking for cracked dash options.

I found today a vendor that seems to make very nice "skins" for our cars and several other vehicles....eBay item number:

Looks like the one listed is a right-hand drive

I will contact them about left hand drive and then I might order one!

P.S.

They said they make the left hand version as well.

Anybody tried one yet?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by foreste2002

BMW 2002 owner since 1981

That's an interesting option. I had mine vinyl covered a couple of years ago by Only02. It wasn't cheap, but I found it impossible to find an uncracked 2-piece dash, and Just Dashes was almost twice as much as vinyl covering. Mine was installed for me by the Only02, so don't know how hard that process is for a DIYer. I'd guess it's not a walk in the park, and you'd want to make sure you have a very good adhesive application as you don't want it delaminating when it gets warm. Let us know if you decide to pull the trigger.

Hey Esty, I thought you had a stitched dash cap on one of your cars (red?) any tips on installation as I am considering taking advantage of these ones since they are RHD.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I have been studying the same product. I think there are some us versions on eBay too. I have an uncracked dash to install but since it is 40 years old I dread having it develop crevasses soon after installation. Any info on this product would be very welcome and gratefully received!!

Edited by Marsattacks

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg