• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumper Hardware

bcarey

My car was bumperless when I bought it, but I'm laying the groundwork to solve that issue. I picked up a long euro/tii bumper, and although it came with brackets, it didn't come with the full assortment of nuts/bolts/spacers. Since I have a bunch of the hardware and I can sort it out from the various diagrams, I would like to avoid buying the $50+ full hardware kit and just pick up a few of the individual pieces at the hardware store.

Perhaps I just missed it in the search, but has anyone come across a list of the required parts and their sizes?

Thanks!

What year is your car--obviously a roundie, but the 68-72 cars use different brackets front and rear, and different fasteners in the front from the '73s.  You can fit 73 rear brackets to a 68-72 car or vice versa, and you can fit 68-72 front brackets to a '73, but not vice versa.

Tell us your car's year--and what year car the bumpers and brackets came from and we can further advise you on what hardware to buy.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hi Mike,

I have a 73, though I'm not sure what years my bumpers came from. The rear bumper has brackets that seem to match up to the holes, and it came with a handful of hardware. For the front bumper I picked up some euro brackets, but I haven't mounted them yet, so I'm hoping they fit.

Thanks!

Bjorn