• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Car Is Officially Road Legal!!

DaveBMX

Hi guys,

For those of you who have helped me over the last 11 months i'd like to say a BIG thankyou to you!

car passed its mot yesterday morning and i finally got to take the car on a drive last night.

Still got lots to do as im having a few issues with leaks from my brake calipers and some rattles and clanks that need tracking down but the car is now ready to begin quality control testing!

As an interesting thing the MOT station actually weighed my car and it has a wet weight of 1088kg!

heres a couple of photos

post-41755-0-94528400-1394100871_thumb.jpost-41755-0-02286000-1394100874_thumb.jpost-41755-0-74051900-1394100877_thumb.jpost-41755-0-48091200-1394100881_thumb.j

regards

Dave

Nice work Dave. Car looks fantastic. Lived in England for 25 years so I remember how much of a pain the MOT is for older cars. I can only imagine the test has gotten even more strict over the years. Anyone complaining about California being strict for emissions testing should consider themselves lucky! ;-)

Cheers,

Colin

Colin

1968 1602

Well done Dave, it's good to see the car back on the road and has inspired me to get a move on.

I was going to reply to your coolant thread the other night but got side tracked. I wanted to ask if your M44 engine has ODB2 as this would be a good source of reliable data and there seems to be plenty of cheap Bluetooth data loggers about.

Solche Fehler sind schon oft von Frisierpraktikern gemacht worden, die keine Ahnung von einer Ventilerhebungskurve hatten. -Ludwig Apfelbeck

no probs yes it is obd2. I have the bluetooth adapter hooked up and the little tablet in the centre console on the pic above shows the real time data. I've messed around a little bit with it but not had time to get stuck right in.

I have so far only messed wit the Torque app but it doesnt appear to display correct info as it was saying my intake temp was -40c ha!

When i start messing it with it properly i might make a thread

regards

Dave

I'd be interested in seeing an advance/rpm/load datalog as it would be really helpful for generating a base timing map. Mine is first generation ODB so I don't think I'm able to extract that kind of data from it.

Solche Fehler sind schon oft von Frisierpraktikern gemacht worden, die keine Ahnung von einer Ventilerhebungskurve hatten. -Ludwig Apfelbeck

wow that sounds technical!!

haha it does do dataloging with Torque so i will see what i can get recorded! I Should really start getting to grips with this type of stuff if im planning to wang a huge turbo on there at some point!

regards

Dave