• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cars And Coffee - Summit Point 6Oct

M3M3

interesting opportunity..

in conjunction with a regular race weekend at Summit Point Motorsports Park (Summit Point WV, 70 miles west of DC),  the SCCA is hosting a cars and coffee event outside Turn 8 on the track on sunday morning 6oct.  hot rods, vintage, euro, race cars all welcome...any car really.  the event includes free admission to watch the races that day.

i will be racing that weekend in the E30 325is, but may bring the M2 also for the cars and coffee part of it.

mark your calendars!  i will post more details when i get them.

edit...fixed date to 6oct.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

would be cool to line up a half dozen "normal" 2002's next to the half dozen 2002 race cars that are there!

if i bring the M2, i may see if it can be used as the Pace Car for the race group the 2002's race in.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

interesting opportunity..

in conjunction with a regular race weekend at Summit Point Motorsports Park (Summit Point WV, 70 miles west of DC),  the SCCA is hosting a cars and coffee event outside Turn 8 on the track on sunday morning 4oct.  hot rods, vintage, euro, race cars all welcome...any car really.  the event includes free admission to watch the races that day.

i will be racing that weekend in the E30 325is, but may bring the M2 also for the cars and coffee part of it.

mark your calendars!  i will post more details when i get them.

Do you mean Sunday morning 6 Oct?

1971 2002 Malaga sold 1980

1974 Bavaria Riviera sold 1980

1972tii Riviera now white HPDE car

1984 325E (new) Henna sold 1992

1995 ///M3 (new) Avus sold 2005

1971 2002 Riviera 2572059

would be cool to line up a half dozen "normal" 2002's next to the half dozen 2002 race cars that are there!

if i bring the M2, i may see if it can be used as the Pace Car for the race group the 2002's race in.

It would definitely be better that that cobra kit car that blew up during the pace lap in my ssm race

69 1600 "Preppy"

It would definitely be better that that cobra kit car that blew up during the pace lap in my ssm race

yeah, that sucked.  the cobra belonged to the competition committee chair.  he was horrified that it broke and cause the delay.  it ended up parked right in front of my trailer for a while until they got the trailer to load it up.  i was right in front of the tech shed.

2013-08-31_09-59-27_142.jpg

2xM3

• 3 weeks later...

gates open at 0730 for cars and coffee.  

racing starts at 0830

chance to drive parade laps around the track at lunch.

i hope to have my 02 there early for the show, then i will be racing the white #7 E30 325 either right before or right after lunch.

you are welcome to hang out at my trailer in the paddock.  shade, chairs, drinks and air conditioning if it gets hot!  look for the setup shown in post #7 at the far end of the paddock!

we are at the end of the row where the half dozen 2002 race cars are.  the 2002's run in the second to the last race of the day.

(you will not be able to drive into the paddock area, have to park and walk on in.)

come on out!  wx looks like it will be great for a drive!!!

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors