• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/c System Volume

Napes

Bob -

This sticker was in a batch I got from Carl Nelson.

stickers2.jpg

According to the Behr installation manual I got from the tii website, the recommended charge is 22 oz. of R-12. 

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Bob, according to the hand-written note in the downloadable PDF copy of the Behr a/c installation manual, "the recommended refrigerant charge for the '74 2002tii is 22oz of R-12." One of the advantages of running R12 is that there is a good correlation between gauge pressure and ambient temperature (whereas for R134a it's all over the map), so I dump in two 12oz cans of R12, make sure the pressure doesn't go nuts, and call it done.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)