• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Filter 1976

I recently picked up this 1976 2002. Looking at the fuel line going towards the carb looks like there are 2 fuel filters? I also noticed the size of the lines are different from fuel line to the carb. Can i just delete the second filter and run a new hose with two different size ends? 

post-43432-0-06196400-1367420860_thumb.j

post-43432-0-82889800-1367420901_thumb.j

Yes, typically you would have one filter installed before the fuel pump.  It looks like the previous owner used the fuel filter after the pump to compensate for the difference in gas line diameters between the fuel pump exit and the Weber carb.  I have seen adapters used to step-up the diameter of the gas line between the exit on the pump to the carb, or some people just use the smaller diameter gas line and force it over the larger connection to the carb, (not really recommended).  I have not seen a gas line with two different diameter ends, but you will need to account for the difference if you remove that filter after the pump.

I hope this helps.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)