• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Dabliz02

This is my project car that I bought on June 7, 2012. All of the work that you see has been done by me except for engine machining and the body work. Much sweat and tears has been put into this car already and the progress is a huge amount. My plan is to make it a semi track day/ semi daily driver. It will NOT be the fastest or prettiest 2002 on the road, but it is one that I will be happy to say "I made this". If you have any questions, comment, advise, feel free to drop a comment or message me. ENJOY!!! "Take pride in what you do" =)

Keep in mind I'm only 22!!!

I will be posting all the pics through Flickr so it will be easier to see compared to scrolling down a million miles.

All comments, questions and stuff would be easier for me to answer if they were on this thread so I won't have to go through each picture. You can say "For picture XXX" then I can look it up to relate to the picture you want to talk about.

Thank you for your time!!!

FLICKR LINK!!!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92540536@N05/sets/

Put it this way since there will be a part two later down the road!!

post-23300-13667669054636_thumb.jpg

post-23300-13667669056565_thumb.jpg

post-23300-13667669273096_thumb.jpg

post-23300-13667669273913_thumb.jpg

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O

Thank you for your support Koblenz, it means a lot. And I will keep you guys posted. Unfortunately Flickr only lets me upload 200 pics a month I believe so I will upload the rest (hopefully a painted car) by February.

Thanks Jake!!!

My plans is the car to be a semi track / semi daily driver. So I will be doing stage 2 suspension and trying to set up the engine to put out 200hp at the crank. E21 LSD and 5 speed conversions.

If you look closely (probably you saw the holes) I will be installing turbo flares and front spoiler.

Interior.... NONE!!!!

Believe it or not all I used to get to the bare metal was a high powered electric drill with sand paper attachments (obviously not the fastest way, but i do not have a compressor at home) and ended it with a heavy Scotch Brite kind of pad. Smooth and shiny!!

I see your pics and you had slightly more rust than me on the floors. But i did have two spots where it completely ate through. One right under the foot pedals and one where the right rear passenger will put there feel. Both small. LOOKS GOOD SO FAR THOUGH!!!

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O

Nice!

I've been using a Harbor Freight Grinder w/ poly-abrasive wheel (http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-half-inch-nylon-abrasive-wheel-94017.html) that works really well - except it's not great at getting around indentations/tight areas. I'll have to try out the drill/sandpaper wheel route.

Good luck with the build, I'm excited to see more!

very nice work! you are off to a great start! i hope you realize how incredibly lucky you are to have gotten a 'square-tail' body in such great shape!!!! most have serious rust issues........SERIOUS.....RUST....ISSUES! you, however, have a beauty.....i'm jealous! take your time, dont rush, and always....always.... do it right the first time!

nice car!!! you will have a beauty after all is done! good luck!!

hendi

Thank you for your support Hendi, it means a lot to me.

The only two small rust spots (if the pics are good enough) are under pedals and where the right rear passenger would put there feet.

Pedal area was about 1"X 3" eaten through and other spot about 1/2"X 2 through. I mainly wanted a good shell and im happy i got one.

Total cost of car from Los Angeles..... $2000!!!! COMPLETELY WORTH IT!!

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O