• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JJ Custom Interior in Tacoma WA inquiry

jgerock

Just curious if anyone here has recently dealt with Ron.

I had a hard time corresponding with him due to some phone/network issues on his side, but finally was able to order a set of seat diaphragms for my Recaro LX seats. They were supposedly in stock and would be sent out the following day. That was about December 14.

Multiple message left on his cell and office phones and his e-mail without any response.

Searched the internet and found out he recently posted on Facebook his father had a stroke and he would be taking a few days off.

Would like to get what I ordered - but without a response I'm not sure where I stand. Don't want to try to order them from someone else until I know.

Any suggestions??

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JJ-Custom-Interior/182298998462014

Picture of the seat support diaphragm added

IMG_8409.jpg

Broken one

IMG_8417.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

He did the Recaros in my car. I went to first his house from where he used to work and then his shop. He does great work, but he is very frustrating to deal with. He is essentially a one man band. I think he girlfriend does some of the stitching, and I think he might have one actual employee. What he needs is an admin person to answer his calls and e-mails. He may be the most overworked guy I know, but that's no excuse for having some spotty customer service.

Love my seats though...

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

To close this out, I kept calling and e-mailing Ron until I finally got him to answer his cell phone and talk to me which was the day I received my CC bill that had the charge from December 14th. Ron said he sent the parts that day (Priority mail) but could not find the tracking/receipt number.

He sent a new package which arrived in 2 days to my mailbox.

When I asked him about all of my messages and e-mails he said he never got any of them (!). Even though he may do great work, his business skills are seriously lacking. Ron told me he is closing his business and only going to concentrate on finishing the outstanding work backlog.

Sorry to see another small business close.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

It's a shame he's closing his business. I think if he'd had someone to handle his office work and scheduling, he could have made a go of it. He really is good at what he does. But maybe some smart upholstery shop will hire him and he can continue working in the field.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

To close this out, I kept calling and e-mailing Ron until I finally got him to answer his cell phone and talk to me which was the day I received my CC bill that had the charge from December 14th. Ron said he sent the parts that day (Priority mail) but could not find the tracking/receipt number.

He sent a new package which arrived in 2 days to my mailbox.

When I asked him about all of my messages and e-mails he said he never got any of them (!). Even though he may do great work, his business skills are seriously lacking. Ron told me he is closing his business and only going to concentrate on finishing the outstanding work backlog.

Sorry to see another small business close.

Glad it worked out for you.

Apparently this guy is not as lucky as you were:

http://www.s14.net/forums/showthread.php?52677-JJ-Custom-Interior-Advert&p=549750#post549750

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=203505&highlight=jj+custom+interior&page=7

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX