turbotom09

Winter project idea! (on a budget)

5 posts / 773 viewsLast Reply

I don't know how many of you have seen this, but I wanted to share because I'm sure there are quite a few of you who need paint, but don't have the funds for a legitimate spray job, and don't want to waste the money on a cheapie Maco job (like me).

This would be perfect for autocross/track cars or even just daily drivers.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?40341-My-quot-rustoleum-50-roll-on-paint-job-quot

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/body/hrdp_0707_1962_ford_falcon_budget_paint_job/

Cheers,

-Tom

(Thanks Eurotrash for planting the seed in my head)

Guest schnelltii

problem is it would look way better than the rest of my car, and then i would have to do the rest!!!

I think this is what my E28 with the peeling clear coat needs. I just can't justify a multi-thousand dollar paint job on a car that's only worth 4 grand.

Guest Anonymous

I did this 3 years ago and I took my time and sanded in between each coat. It looks PERFECT at 50 feet. I am very happy with it and very satisfied I did all the work myself without spraying up my garage.

It took me 10 years to finish the car. My last step was paint and I let it sit for a year wondering how I would paint then I found the article. I have since painted my neices car and it too turned out well. The lighter the color the better. You can't beat a $25 paint job that shines and wears like iron.