• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel fitment question?

m05

Yes, technically the wheel and tire combo should fit. A 15x7 et20 wheel is a little lower offset than optimal, and about as low an offset as you want to fit under uncut fenders. You may need a little fender rolling with the lowered car. A 175/55/15 should keep you pretty close (close enough for our purposes) to the overall stock tire diameter. Any of the multiple free online tire size calculators can tell you that.

However, this fitment will be stupid. A 175-width tire should not be mounted on anything wider than a 6" wide wheel. Stretched tires are just as stupid as your neon sunglasses, and I wish both trends would go away.

Ha- yeah, I ought to, 'cause I obviously have you bamboozled! Where you and those sunglasses hang out at?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Myself and the non-eighties-retro sunglasses hang out in a little rathole of a shop called Midnight Motorsport over here in the south end of West Seattle. I try to take Mondays off (although that happens rarely), and I keep shop hours of more or less 9am until 10pm. Contact info is on the website, never a bad idea to shoot a call first to make sure I'm not out running parts, scrounging up a 5-speed, or something like that.

Weekends tend to wind up with at least a few people coming over to see the new projects, say hi, steal tools, etc, so it can get hectic at times. Just fair warning.

Seriously, it would be great to meet you in person at some point.

Yes, technically the wheel and tire combo should fit. A 15x7 et20 wheel is a little lower offset than optimal, and about as low an offset as you want to fit under uncut fenders. You may need a little fender rolling with the lowered car. A 175/55/15 should keep you pretty close (close enough for our purposes) to the overall stock tire diameter. Any of the multiple free online tire size calculators can tell you that.

However, this fitment will be stupid. A 175-width tire should not be mounted on anything wider than a 6" wide wheel. Stretched tires are just as stupid as your neon sunglasses, and I wish both trends would go away.

Thanks for all details.

Ha- yeah, I ought to, 'cause I obviously have you bamboozled! Where you and those sunglasses hang out at?

t

Toby, Get by and see Brian at MMS (I think its Brian, so bad with names) The shop and people are the best! I stoped by on a trip I made to Bainbridge Isl.

There is a lot of love of the sport/car in that Home/shop.. I cant wait to get back!

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It

Scott-

It's Patrick, but I'll forgive you. I didn't remember who you were before I saw the avatar and remembered the orange/black car. It was great to meet you that day, and I'm hoping that it continues running well for you. Definitely swing through again if you are up here.

Ahhh yes Patrick!! Just put a NOS build from 10+ years ago in the old 02.

10 to 1, 304 cam, Dcoe 45's Bla, Bla, Bla...., Off the hook !!! I will see you again! your love for moding the 02's and making them right is one in a million!..

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It