• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colorado /Black Alpina color scheme for the NK ?

Highgrade

It's a bit like asking someone what your favourite colour is! If you like inka and black go for it.

So what's the car going to be used for, road or track? Slammed or stock height? Wheels? Colour of seats and carpet? It all makes a difference to me as to what colour scheme I'd go for.

You know there was a two tone NK option from the factory? I'm tempted to see what a cream roof on my Derby would look like, and will give it a go prior to a full respary just to see if it works for me.

post-19689-13667656155727_thumb.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Thanks for your reply Nick,

the car is actually gonna be my daily driver and occasionally I'm planning to take her on the track, I'm planning to lower the suspension but just a hint.

BTW ( I'm going to try fitting the e30 koni strut inserts to the NK legs, see if it works using e30 top mounts)

Yes I read the post on the UK forum with the original 2 tones combos for the NK's, but I'm going the 02 road by painting the hood trunk and sides in Satin Black, and then I hesitate between Inka, colorado or golf yellow?? hehe tough choice.

Do Good Attitood

Colorado is the coolest of all BMW colors. As C.G. Jung, Freuds uber student, said "Orange is the color of becoming, and growth." Colorado is, like golf, pure early 70s psychedelia and a bit modern for the NK era. Have you considered various striping options, sub beltline, beltline or central hood indent that would set off the silver gray of your car? How about silver/red stripe think of racing MV Agustas. You may want to look at Waltons "Unbeatable BMW," which has some factory racing striped 1800 photos in it. There are a lot of classy period correct options that may satisfy your need for more, hmmm how do we say, INTENSITY! sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Ultimately you need to do what makes you happy. However, I would avoid bright colors and satin finishes on a daily driver. Daily drivers get used, and you need low maintenance finishes. Dark colors like black show lots of dirt, and get hot in the sun. Satin finishes become ‘polished’ when you wash them frequently. Bright colors fade and attract undesirable attention (like law enforcement and crooks). Personally I like the understated and inconspicuous green of my car, and when I repaint will keep it green but perhaps a slightly different shade than Turf.

Good luck!

Jeff C.

1966 BMW 2000 fivespeed (driven every day)

1967 Land Rover Dormobile (the adventure mobile)

Jeff C.

66 BMW 2000 fivespeed

72 BMW Bavaria - Sold

67 Land Rover Dormobile

After a night of meditation :-), I finally decided to go White/Navy blue combo, blue is my favorite color and here in the heat of the tropics the white hood and trunk will be perfect, then for the wheel options I'll go for the BBS RS with white centers :-), I have a black interior at the moment any suggestion on a new color for the interior?

I'll post pictures as soon as the car is ready.

PS: a bit out of subject I have a Nardi 360mm wooden wheel but no hub any of you guys happen to have one FS?

Do Good Attitood

I was thinking about trying the early subtle colors for 2 tone effect-

Chamonix / Florida

Bristol / Florida

I need to get on Photo shop and play around with it.

aesthetically- I think the darker shade shold be the trunk and hood

Here are some photos-

Love the rally assist wagon

post-19689-13667656209789_thumb.jpg

post-19689-13667656210872_thumb.jpg

post-19689-13667656211789_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Yes I'm planning to do the whole top white(like the rally assist car) roof + hood trunk and sides, and also a fine red line that runs all around the car where the chrome trim was.

Dark Blue(metallic) + White + red = BMW MOTORSPORT :-)

Please if anyone know the paint code for the same blue used on the F1 car from BMW Sauber team ?

Do Good Attitood