• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD. 1971 now on e-bay

MikeWooldridge

I am so in love with that car.

You guys are tempting me to get right back in this addiction.

Maybe I can wait until April at Mid-America.

Keep it! It will only go up in value!

Better than a saving account! Better than a 10 year bond! Better than a nice index ETF! Detter than Pork Bellies!

Sports Car Market just did a 2 pager on the 2002 so now the whole unwashed public will be getting chubbies over these cars.

So keep it, you know you want to!

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NC, I thought you were in Arkansas?

I'll tell you, I'd planned to snipe that car all day but it would have meant selling my 1975 Golf colored one.

My daughter (who has a say in it as we have this hobby together) said to buy the verona but after really questioning her, she admitted she would greatly miss the golf and loved it because WE did all the work on it!

She said "we don't want a car someone else has done all the work on, wouldn't you rather have a car WE worked up?"...she had a point.

Anyway, some one got a smoking deal on just a beautiful verona, I'm sure you will miss her!

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

OK...fess up...who did it? Very happy that it'll be in our neck of the woods. Sort of feel sorry for ole zero-bid-dude...maybe next time. Too bad that you can't deliver it in late May, Mike.....Come and see us.

Dave V. in NC

Guys name is Lawrence Philp, Asheboro, NC

Hasn't contacted me yet, so who knows?

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

OK...fess up...who did it? Very happy that it'll be in our neck of the woods. Sort of feel sorry for ole zero-bid-dude...maybe next time. Too bad that you can't deliver it in late May, Mike.....Come and see us.

Dave V. in NC

Guys name is Lawrence Philp, Asheboro, NC

Hasn't contacted me yet, so who knows?

Strange. I'd be on the phone in a nanosecond.

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Looks like Lawrence was sitting at the computer and timed his bid perfectly. Good for him for a wonderful car.

I'm sure he used a sniper service, I always do.

http://www.auctionsniper.com/

that's also why he hasn't called, the bid was likely made and he was no where near the computer at the time, he may not even know he has won yet.

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Deposit was made yesterday and information sent regarding pick-up. Yep, he used a snipe service. Just in case, I followed up with the 0 bidder, and he's set to buy if high bidder defaults. He is from New York.

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"