• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost of refinishing 14" E30 basketweaves?

malagalaga

I have a set of E30 basketweaves that are in decent, if a little tired condition. A little curb rash, but not bad.

I have no idea what this should cost. I haven't called around for quotes yet, but I figured I'd ask here first... can anyone give me a ballpark idea?

I'm not opposed to having them bead blasted and spraying them myself, but I figure it's worth getting a professional job estimate or two, too.

Thanks!

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Figure a minimum of $125/wheel. Then add $57/wheel for new parts to tighten up the center caps.

DIY figure $150 tops for all 4 + the center cap parts.

One thing if going professional is to shop for quality... not price.

You want to be sure they have a good oven and are calibrating it regularly and also that they allow a slow cooldown period to keep from ruining the temper of the alloy.

Lots of shop advertise by price, but rush jobs through not properly controlling temperature or allowing for proper cooldown.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Years back I bought the silver and clear from Wurth to repaint one of my M3 wheels. The PO had painted it gold. Turned out really well with the two stage paint process. The only pain was making sure everything was clean prior.

Autogeek sells a couple od kits for wheels. They have some of the Wurth products and also aome by 1Z. I may give the 1Z stuff a shot to redo my tii alloys, but maybe I'll have my son try it on his 320is wheels first to see if I like it.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes