• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sidedraft Carb Questions

Inka’d02

The 50f8 idles are way to big, every M10 engine I have ever done for the street (including mine with a 316 cam and 12.5:1 pistons) I use a 45f9 Idle jet. One other thing to look at is the carburetor casting where the idle mixture screw comes through (behind the throttle plate, its easier to see with the carb off the manifold) sometimes people tighten the mixture screw down so much it breaks the casting. If this has happened you will never get a good idle mixture.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

The 50f8 idles are way to big, every M10 engine I have ever done for the street (including mine with a 316 cam and 12.5:1 pistons) I use a 45f9 Idle jet. One other thing to look at is the carburetor casting where the idle mixture screw comes through (behind the throttle plate, its easier to see with the carb off the manifold) sometimes people tighten the mixture screw down so much it breaks the casting. If this has happened you will never get a good idle mixture.

I'll try that, thanks!